My photo
GOD IN MY DREAMING.

24.9.09

gardenias

i wouldn't say i had a bad day
but i wouldn't say i had a good one either.


i went to work, not in the greatest mood.
this happens occasionally.
and i go through work discontent the entire time.

however...
today God did not want that
today God wanted me to be happy and full of life.
and can you imagine, all it took was one small gesture of kindness.

>>an man came in. old. foreign. his voice barely even audible. usually i get
frustrated with these customers because i can't hear them. but today i was on bar.
so i made his drink ( a solo espresso) and as i was handing it to him, he pushed a

gardenia across the counter. i smiled, but he didn't stop there. he pointed to it
then pointed to my ear. so, i used a bobby pin to fasten it behind my ear.


it made me smile. but i thought i would just forget about it and go on with my night. but God wanted me to remember. throughout the entire night, the wonderful fragrance of the flower filled my nose and every time i took a deep breath, i found myself smiling, i found myself singing and dancing, showing off my happiness for everyone. maybe they'll notice there's something different about me. maybe they'll wonder why i'm so happy. it's because of God's love shown so clearly to me through a simple gardenia.

thank you, old man, whoever you are.
thank you God for the reminder that simple things should make me happy.
thank you for wonderful job with wonderful coworkers.
thank you for incredible friends.
thank you for a supportive and amazing boyfriend.
thank you for a fabulous family.
but most of all, thank you Lord for you constant reminders of you never-ending and unfailing love.

1 comment: